2017 Fall Guest Speakers and Paper Reading Group
This semester the data lab seminar is combined with in our special topics class (CS 7290: Special topics: Foundations in Scalable Data Management) and takes place every Tuesday 11:45am-1:25pm and Thursday 2:50-4:30pm in Ryder Hall 126 (map).
- (11/16): Stratis Ioannidis: Distributing Frank-Wolfe via Map-Reduce.
- (11/9): Niccolo Meneghetti: Beta Probabilistic Databases: A Scalable Approach to Belief Updating and Parameter Learning.
- (10/12): Georgia Koutrika: User analytics for recommender systems.
- (9/28): Jon Ullman: Differential privacy and data exploration.
- (9/26): Cibele Freire: The complexity of resilience and responsibility for self-join-free conjunctive queries.