2018 DATA Lab group meeting & Guest Speakers
Guest speakers and events
- (6/1): Raymond Wong
- (4/27, 10am): Clemens Heitzinger: Computational Bayesian Estimation with Applications in Sensors and Tomography
- (3/28, noon): Ravi Sundaram : no free lunch, succinct data structures, information theory lower bounds
- (3/21, noon): Xiaofeng and Rundong: SIGMOD and WWW practice talks
- (3/14, 10am): Ravi Sundaram : A case for learned index structures
- (2/28, noon): Ehsan Elhamifar : Subset Selection and Summarization in Sequential Data
- (2/14, noon): Ruiyang Xu: Evaluating Player Skill and Position Difficulty in Sequential Two-Person Games with Game Outcome Prediction demonstrated with the Gamification of an Optimization Problem
- (1/31, noon): Casper Harteveld : Studycrafter / Wolfgang Gatterbauer : Bootstrapping Virtuous Learning Cycles (BOVALY)
- (1/19, all day): Northeast Database day 2018 : Come and see our talk and posters!
- (1/18, 3pm, Forsyth #97): Dan Suciu : Rethinking Query Execution on Big Data
- (1/12, noon, 366 WVH): Guoliang Li : Human-in-the-Loop Data Integration
2017 Seminar & Guest Speakers
This semester the data lab seminar is combined with in our special topics class (CS 7290: Special topics: Foundations in Scalable Data Management) and takes place every Tuesday 11:45am-1:25pm and Thursday 2:50-4:30pm in Ryder Hall 126 (map).
Guest speakers in CS 7290
- (11/16): Stratis Ioannidis : Distributing Frank-Wolfe via Map-Reduce.
- (11/9): Niccolo Meneghetti : Beta Probabilistic Databases: A Scalable Approach to Belief Updating and Parameter Learning.
- (10/12): Georgia Koutrika : User analytics for recommender systems.
- (9/28): Jon Ullman : Differential privacy and data exploration.
- (9/26): Cibele Freire : The complexity of resilience and responsibility for self-join-free conjunctive queries.